This FAQ is for connected local partners. If you're not connected, check out this FAQ instead.
Aside from many other advantages, connecting your products via API allows you to have the availability of your products automatically up to date on our website, opposite to manually adjusting capacity whenever you receive a booking from one of your many selling channels.
Availability is updated automatically via API with the following frequency:
- Every 8 days we fetch availability for the next 365 days
- Every 4 days we fetch availability for the next 90 days
- Every 1 day we fetch availability for the next 30 days
If you have an urgent last-minute change in your availability, your reservation system should be able to send our system an alert in order to update it. Please ask your reservation system support team for more details about this.
Any manual block created before the connection will stay active in your product. The API will fill any date from the expiry date of the manual blocks created.
To have your availability 100% in sync with the API:
- Delete all previous manual blocks.
- Update the availability in your reservation system.
- The automatic availability blocks will be created on the first connection via the API.
Blocking out Dates
- Go to your reservation system.
- Set your availability to 0 for the days you want to block.
- Check the date you set to 0 is not bookable in the GetYourGuide supplier portal.